Chris Jones and myself now have a date and agenda for our first formal meeting of the ALT NW Sig. We have a page on the ALT web site and we are a recognised Sig. Despite the long gap since our last meeting we hope to see as many of you as possible at this inaugural meeting of the Sig.
MMU All Saints Campus,
Ormond Building (Boardroom)
Date & Time
Thursday 12th December from 10am until 1.00pm.
There will be tea/coffee, pastries and mince pies.
Still to be finalised but will include:
- Welcome from Professor Mark Stubbs
- Dr. Neil Ringan, MMU – Overview of MMU Pedagogic TEL support
- Professor Chris Jones, LJMU- Discussion about regional developments of MOOCs
- Alex Spiers, LJMU- Activity based on the Learning Technologist collaboration research project. More details here
- Chrissi Nerantzi, MMU – FDOL: flexible, distance and online learning. More details here
- Dr. Debbie Prescott, University of Liverpool – ELESIG report on recent Liverpool meeting (4th November) on Learner Analytics and the possibility of a regional group
Further detail will follow. Interested? Sign up here
You can join the #ALTNWESIG on Jiscmail and Google+
Looking forward to seeing you all in December
Alex Spiers @alexgspiers
Chris Jones @chrisrjones